Export and Import
Some of you asked for and export/import facility – so we have added one. Now you can:
- Export to another device
- Backup your results
- Select the Event you want to export (Events menu for that event)
- Menu (three dots on top right hand corner)
- Choose where you want to export to. Google Drive, email etc
- Select the location to export to
These instructions are written for Google Drive. You may also have success with other apps.
- Locate the exported file in Google Drive
- Pick the menu options for the file (triple dots beside the file)
- Open With
- Your event will be loaded as a new event and made the current event. Old versions will not be over-written
- Contacts (related to the event) will be added or updated
What if A-Fleet is not provided as a choice?
Some users may find that the .xml backup file is automatically opened by another app. This will happen if your device settings specify a default app for viewing .xml files. Remove that setting, and you should be given A-Fleet as a choice when using Open With.
Try Googling “[My Device Name] clear default app”
For example: I my Samsung phone always opens .xml with “Internet”, the following would fix it:
- Settings/Apps/Samsung Internet
- Scroll to “Set as Default”
- Clear Defaults
Your device may have a different method.
- It’s good to backup critical events prior to updating A-Fleet. We do our absolute best to not break your data. Backups provide an extra layer of protection
- When running a major event, backup every few races
- You can export an event and send it to anyone with A-Fleet. For example, you can set-up an HMS event (with seeding), and send it to the race committee to load onto the scoring tablet